Cancellation and Refund Policy
Refund Policy for Cancellations and Transfers
Cancellations or transfers for public training course bookings must be made by telephoning our Customer Care Team.
- Cancel more than 7 days before course commences ‐ Full refund.
- Cancel between 2 working days and 7 days before course commences ‐ Full refund less $110 administrative fee.
- Cancel less than 2 working days before course commences or withdraw during the course or are withdrawn for disciplinary reasons after the course commences ‐ No refund provided.
Transfer Between Courses
- Transfer between the same course, for example to another location or another date – no additional charges if transfer is done at least 2 days before course commences. Any transfers less than 48 hours notice will incur a $110 administration fee
- Transfer to a higher cost course – pay the difference
- Transfer to a lower cost course – difference refunded if transfer is done at least 2 days before course commences. Any transfers less than 48 hours notice will be refunded the difference less $110 administration fee
We reserve the right to cancel any course if insufficient enrolments are received. You will be notified and offered alternate training dates or a full refund.
Mitigating circumstances warranting the waiving or partial application of this refund policy are individually judged on merit and any such reconsideration shall be at the full discretion of the Manager of Customer Care.
You must be over 18 years of age to enrol in any of the courses.
Specific requirements for each course are available, please refer to our website or call our Customer Care team for up to date information.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
For High Risk Work Licences (HRWL) you must be able to speak, read and write English to safely do the work relevant to the HRWL applied for.
WorkSafe considers that to assist in ensuring safety at the workplace, and to comply with the regulatory requirement, applicants for a HRWL must have sufficient knowledge of the English language to communicate orally with other workers and where appropriate be able to read and understand:
- Safety signs at workplaces.
- Operator manuals in the case of plant such as, for example, fork-lift trucks, work platforms and cranes.
- Load charts and/or compliance plates in the case of plant as exampled above.
- Assembly instructions and drawings associated with rigging and scaffolding work.
- Job Safety Analyses (JSAs).
The written assessments must be in your own writing and interpreters are not allowed.
Most courses require a basic level of numeracy skills. Calculators are provided and assistance will be given during the training.
The nature of high risk work and the training leading to licences or the skills to operate mobile plant and equipment does pose both challenges and limitations. If you have a disability and require assistance or support please let us know. We may be able to make reasonable adjustments based on your individual circumstances.
Our Fees and Charges
Our Course Fees for High Risk Work Licence Courses include:
- WorkSafe licence application fee(s)
- Photo Processing Fee
You are provided with training materials such as workbooks for all courses. We do not offer fee exemptions, concessions or discounts.
Students that have been working in the Construction Industry for the past 6 months or more may be eligible to apply for the Construction Training Fund rebate.
A full list of fees and charges is available in our Fee Schedule available from the Customer Care Team.